In this article, you will find a guide on how to quickly take a thumbnail or screenshot of YouTube videos from a laptop / PC. Learn more here!
When you are busy streaming YouTube, perhaps you think of capturing some parts of the video by taking screenshots or thumbnails of YouTube videos. From a smartphone, video screenshots are not difficult, but how do you take screenshots of YouTube videos on a laptop or computer (PC)?
Video content on YouTube is getting more and more crowded. Of the many videos, there may be certain interesting parts or parts for you to save and share.
However, sometimes that desire is hampered because you don’t know how to screenshot YouTube videos on a laptop or PC. To make it easier for you, in this article Naijatechnews has summarized a guide on how to quickly screenshot YouTube videos from a laptop / PC.
Here are the steps you can try:
How to Screenshot YouTube Videos on Laptop / PC
1. How to screenshot YouTube videos from online sites
The easiest way to screenshot YouTube videos is through online websites, one of which is YouTube Screenshot (youtubescreenshot.com).
It is quite easy to use. You also don’t need to install software/programs, applications, extensions or anything in a web browser. You only need to copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video to generate a screenshot.
To get started:
- Open the youtubescreenshot.com website on the browser.
- Copy the YouTube video URL that you choose to screenshot.
- Then, paste or move the URL in the column provided in the middle of the website screen.
- After that, tap on the ‘Show Screenshots’ button.
- The video playback window will appear below the column.
- Play the YouTube video to the part you want to screenshot.
- Press the ‘Take Screenshot’ button to start taking pictures.
- The screenshot of the part is displayed immediately under the button. You can immediately save the image in the laptop/PC storage folder.
2. How to screenshot YouTube videos from browser extensions
The second method on how to screenshot YouTube video is via an extension on your web browser. For this method, you really have to install an extension or plugin on a web browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) first.
The browser extension above will later change the appearance of the YouTube video player in your browser. There will be additional features after installing the extension.
For easy use of this browser extension, here are the steps:
- Please access the page of the YouTube video that you want.
- Tap on the ‘Camera’ icon at the bottom of the video player window.
- Within a few seconds, a screenshot of the complete video will appear.
- You can choose the size of the screenshot and the screen resolution that has been screenshotted as desired.
There you go! Those are some ways to screenshot YouTube videos very easily and quickly without the need to download a special application. Easy right? Hopefully useful, yes.