Earlier this week, the Samsung Galaxy M02s was announced in Nepal. The same device is now official in India. It is the successor to the Galaxy M01s announced in 2020, and comes with almost the same specifications as the Galaxy A02s.
The Galaxy M02s is built around a 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity-V display and is powered by Snapdragon 450 SDM450 clocked at 1.8GHz.
The smartphone comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage onboard, and it also has a microSD card slot, which allows storage expansion by up to 1TB.
As far as its camera department is concerned, you get a total of four cameras – a 5MP shooter inside the notch and a 13MP primary camera on the back joined by 2MP macro and 2MP depth units.
Fueling the entire package is a 5,000 mAh battery with 15W charging.
Samsung Galaxy M02s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, January 4
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Red, Blue, Black
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS IPS
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3GB, 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB, 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M02s has arrived with a pricing of Rs 8,999 (~$123) for the base variant that has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage. The pricing of the higher 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant is yet to be declared. The smartphone will be available for purchase in color options like black, blue, and red through Amazon India soon.