Less than a year of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G existence, Xiaomi has shoved in a successor dubbed the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G, which is yet another 5G smartphone in the famous Redmi Note series. Occurrences like this indicates that 5G technology is very close to becoming a norm on every smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.43-inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (~405 PPI),
- Android 11; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 700 5G (7 nm) Processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G may bear some design elements seen on its series siblings, however, there some differences that set it aside. The chief of these differences is on the rear.
There is an observable adjustment on the rear. In comparison with the other series members, we have a more pronounced gradient design, a different camera module arrangement, bearing three cameras instead of four. More on that later. Whats more, you will also notice the addition of the 5G text to the Redmi branding.
Colour options on the Redmi Note 10 5G includes Chrome Silver, Graphite Gray, Nighttime Blue, Aurora Green, which is quite different from what we have on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10.
Moving upfront on this Android phone, have a 6.5 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of approximately 405 PPI, a 90Hz refresh rate.
One of the moves taking by Xiaomi to retain its budget mark, is the removal of the IP53 water and dust package as seen on its other siblings like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G falls short when compared to the likes of the standard Note 10. It packs in a less capable rear and front camera hardware.
Making comparison of its rear camera system to that of the Redmi Note 10, we discover the absence of an Ultrawide camera, however, it does possess a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Moving upfront, we have a single 8MP camera as opposed to the 13MP on the Redmi Note 10 and the 16MP camera on the Redmi Note 10 pro.
Hardware and Software
On the hardware side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G settles for an octa-core Mediatek Dimensity 700 5G processor, which facilitates its 5G capability.
Its other performance facilitators includes a Mali-G57 MC2 GPU, 4GB / 6GB RAM options, 64GB / 128GB storage options and a non-removable 5000 mAh Li-Po. Charging speed was also scaled down to 18W from the 33W system we saw on the standard redmi Note 10.
On the software side, the Redmi Note 10 5G runs the MIUI 12 user interface ontop of the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and NFC.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is capped at 5G LTE, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connection for downloads, uploads and streaming.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 starts at around $199 for the 4GB / 64GB variant, which translates to about 75,829 Naira in Nigeria, 21,817 KSH in Kenya, and 1,141 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G was announced on the 4th of march 2021 and is expected to go on sale in April
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm) (Octa-core 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Chrome Silver, Graphite Gray, Nighttime Blue, Aurora Green
- Dimension: 161.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 190 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch Super AMOLED 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~83.7% screen-to-body ratio, ~405 PPI Density, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.0, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Capacity Charging