Xiaomi is set to launch a budget friendly 5G smartphone called Redmi Note 9T and it will be available globally.
According to recent reports, the phone has passed several certifications such as Malaysia’s SIRIM, Thailand’s NBTC, and TUV Rheinland certification. The handset was also recently seen at Geekbench benchmarking platform with the Dimensity 800U chipset. Rumors surrounding it have revealed that it could be a global version of the Redmi Note 9 5G that launched in China in November.
The Redmi Note 9T is expected to arrive with a 6.53-inch IPS LCD panel with a punch-hole design. It may support a Full HD+ resolution and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The Dimensity 800U chip could be equipped with up to 8 GB of LPPDR4x RAM and up to 256 GB of UFS 2.2 storage.
The MIUI 12 based Android 10 OS may come preinstalled on the Redmi Note 9T. It may sport a front camera of 13-megapixel and its rear shell could be fitted with a triple camera setup. The latter may include a 48-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The Redmi Note 9T carries support for 18W fast charging for its 5,000mAh battery. It is fitted with a side-facing fingerprint reader.
Key Redmi Note 9T Specifications (Expected)
- Network and Connectivity: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Display: 6.53-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 450nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- Memory: RAM + ROM: 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Operating System: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Rear Cameras: 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Cameras: 13MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Loudspeakers: Yes
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 161.96×77.25×9.2mm; Weight:199g
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Earlier today, Xiaomi Spain released a tweet that confirmed Jan. 8 as the launch date of Redmi Note 9T. The official tweet that was first spotted by tipster Abhishek Yadav is no longer accessible as it has been taken down.
The deleted tweet carried the below-shown poster. It mentioned that the Redmi Note 9T will be breaking cover at 11:00 AM (GMT+1) on Jan. 8 in Spain.
— Abhishek Yadav (@yabhishekhd) January 4, 2021
The handset is expected to arrive in Spain as one of the most affordable 5G-ready smartphones. While the tweet has been deleted, the official Twitter handle of Xiaomi global has claimed that the Redmi Note 9T is coming soon.